Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Memories

I have been reading Like Gold Refined, a book by Janette Oke. The characters were talking about memories and Clark Davis says, “Treasure 'em. The days when yer young and spry- an' hardworkin'... Ya don't really have time to treasure 'em when yer rushin' about. But at least set 'em down as a memories so that ya can pull 'em out an' treasure 'em later.”

Sometimes I feel like I'm always rushing, never taking time to really stop and look at my life. What do I want to remember most years from now? Sometimes at the rate I'm going, I think won't remember anything, and it will all be a blur. I don't want that to happen. It's hard to make time to spend time with the people you love, to create memories with them. But it is well worth it (and you can probably get an amen for that from your grandparents. =]) It comes down to the great commission. “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." --Matthew 28:19-20

What are we doing with our time here on earth? How can I spend it to make the most of every opportunity to spread God's love with others?

When I look back to when I was younger, I remember mostly, all the fun stuff that I did with my family. How they spent so much time teaching me how to love, care, and respect others. They are still teaching me, as well as all my fantastic friends from SL and elsewhere. Sometimes I can be stubborn and hard to get along with. (ask my family... =D) Somehow, they all stick by my though, and for that, I am VERY grateful.

As I continue making memories, God, please remind me to slow down, and enjoy even the smallest things you placed here on earth. Thank you for everyone who has stood by me, even through the storms.

2 comments:

HBSinger said...

That was really powerful, Sarah! I needed that! Thanks!

God's beloved follower said...

Awesome!! Sarah! that really made me think.