Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Dreaming of Spring

I was lying awake last night, listening to the silence. I thought I heard the slightest sound of a cricket, and I strained to hear. Alas, I think it was my imagination. Suddenly, I heard a whole host of summer night sounds as my imagination took over. Ahh, the cool summer night's breeze, the crickets singing me to sleep, an occasional whippoorwill's call, the frog's lonely sounds carrying across the wind, and the curtains waving lazily as the open windows allowed a comforting breeze to pass through them.

By the above paragraph, I am guessing that you can tell I'm ready for spring to arrive! It would be lovely to walk out of the house without putting a dozen and a half layers on... (which makes me look like a puff ball, by the way!)

After all the dreaming about spring, I have to remind myself "to everything there is a season." (Ecclesiastes)

In addition:
Hosea 6:3

"Let us acknowledge the Lord; let us press on to acknowledge him. As surely as the sun rises, he will appear; he will come to us like the winter rains, like the spring rains that water the earth.”

Yes, I know, spring is coming!! It's only a matter of time now. This verse from Hosea is very encouraging. We don't have to wait for the overwhelming beauty of springtime to awaken us to God's magnificence. He will reveal himself to us through even the coldest, dreariest winter day. Even though I am still dreaming of the day I can run bear-foot through luscious green grass again, I will praise my Heavenly Father for the snow and miracles of winter as well!

No comments: