Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sing for Joy!

I joked with you when you weren't feeling well.
You smiled with your sweet face when I laughed.

You weren't always well, but you fought hard.
We nurses talked about you with affection.
We had respect for your determination.

Your sisters played with your fingers and toes.
Your father looked proudly at you as you smiled.
Your mother held you gently in her arms.
Your family adored you.

I stroked your hair as you lie sweating.
Tears formed in my eyes as you suffered.

I prayed over you as I cared for you.
I prayed - and God answered by taking you home.

Now you are running and jumping in heaven.
You have no pain, you can breathe with ease.
No more struggling, or uncertainty.
You can see brilliant colors, and hear wonderful sounds.
I even bet you are singing.

You will be greatly missed, my little friend... forever.
But your memory, smiles, and determination will last.
Every time I think of you I will smile and be strong.
You showed me why I became a nurse.

So sing for joy, amazing boy!
Can't wait to see you again someday.

No comments: