Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Football and Decisions

Guess what? I'm finally back on! Sorry about that guys, I didn't think I would be working as much as I did last week. I'm so glad to be back on here, I miss you all so much!

This past Saturday my family went to the Relay For Life at my brother's college. It's a walk to support those survivors of cancer, it was a very special time. We kids also had a lot of fun taking advantage of the football goals. *evil grin* My 9 year old brother brought his little football, and was kicking it over the goal posts. Of course, I couldn't be outdone by him, so I did it too. Amazingly, it took me two tries to get it over. I was very excited, and shouted 'touchdown', which apparently is the wrong term. I was corrected by my dear little brother that I had just made a field goal, not a touchdown. DUHHHHHHH, I don't know why I said touchdown in the first place.

At youth group on Sunday, we did a Bible study about making decisions. Growing older, you realize how many more decisions come your way, and how sometimes you have to make those decisions yourself. It can be scary, but always remember that God is there. Some of the things you can do when faced with difficult decisions, is- pray, seek help from those you trust, stay in the Word, and always trust God, no matter what.

He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me. --Psalm 18:17

2 comments:

God's beloved follower said...

Lol. I thought it was a touchdown too when I was reading your post. Yeah they can be scary but if we stay faithful then we'll get through it.

HBSinger said...

Haha yes my bro is always trying to exlain rules to me when it comes to football and baseball and all that. I normally end up sitting there going "uh huh uh huh" and not really understanding a thing!! LOL Great post as ususal and good reminder about decision making.