Monday, March 19, 2007

Amazing Grace

Yesterday our church youth group went to see Amazing Grace. It was an awesome movie, and I found it to be educational and touching. I must admit, I don't know much about William Wilburforce... so I don't know how truly accurate the movie was, but it was certainly an eye opener. Not many people appreciate their freedom as much as they ought to. I am a guilty party for this as well, and now I am thankful for God's grace and mercy on us. I would recommend this movie to you and your families. It's a great discussion prompter.

That movie brought the words of Amazing Grace alive for me. Now I don't think I'll ever listen to that song again, without remembering what it really means. The real story. I like the part in the movie, as John Newton remembers his song, and the line, “was blind, but now I see.” It's amazing how such a simple movie can open your eyes to grueling, yet courageous journeys of the millions of slaves.

We stopped at Cici's on the way home to get something to eat. They have WEIRD varieties of pizza, that's for sure. I think I had some kind of BBQ one... and a taco one, and there was some kind of macaroni pizza too. Anyway, while I was pouring over my pizza... (literally... I was almost convinced I had entered heaven =] ) the others went to spend all their loose change on arcades. Every two minutes I would hear screams of disappointments as they lost. Ha! Good times, good times. I hope you all had an enjoyable weekend!

God bless, and I leave you with this verse:

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. --Ephesians 1:3

1 comment:

HBSinger said...

That is soo cool!! I really want to see that movie! We probably won't end up seeing it in theaters but I'm going to try to convince my parents to buy it on DVD maybe :) Macaroni and cheese pizza??? No way!!!! I want that!! lol. Awesome and awesome. Love ya!