Monday, March 26, 2007

Why?

In youth group we have been studying the commonly asked question, 'why'? More specifically, “why is this happening to me?” Or, “why do bad things happen to good people?” We all go through times in our lives when we ask 'why' questions.

Remember Job from the Bible? He was the victim of Satan's hand as he did everything possible to tear Job down, and crush him. Job had incredible faith however, and did not curse God, even when the he was infested with sickness and his children were killed. I don't know about you, but that brings on a BIG “why?”. The question shouldn't be 'why' here though. The question is, would we be able to still trust God if hard times come? Hopefully the answer is yes. Aren't you glad God promised He would never leave us nor forsake us?

In John 16:33 it says, “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." That is so comforting, especially in this day and age. It seems everywhere you turn, there is trouble, but we as Christians can take heart! Be brave! God is here with us always. You can make it through the dark night, into the bright and shining morning.

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I know Mondays can be hard, but carry John 16:33 with you into the week, and trust God to help you in anything and everything you struggle with.

3 comments:

HBSinger said...

Great reminder, Sarah! That Bible verse is one of my all time favorites. I needed that this week. Thank you!

God's beloved follower said...

Thanks! Sarah! I really needed that. This month has been pretty hard for me.

Anonymous said...

Great reminder! Thanks Sarah!